1. Your personal data - what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be held by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
The PCC of Squirrels Heath All Saints (Ardleigh Green) is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purpose.
3. How do we process your personal data?
The PCC of Squirrels Heath All Saints (Ardleigh Green) complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:-
◦ To enable us to provide a service for the benefit of the congregation and the parishioners of Squirrels Heath All Saints;
◦ To administer membership records;
◦ To fundraise and promote the interests of the church and charities we support;
◦ To manage our employees and volunteers;
◦ To maintain our accounts and records (including the processing of gift aid applications);
◦ To inform you of news, events, activities and services at Squirrels Heath All Saints;
◦ To operate Squirrels Heath All Saints’ website and Rainbow News magazine and deliver the services that individuals have requested
◦ To contact individuals via surveys to conduct research about their opinions of current services or of potential new services that may be offered
◦ To share your contact details with the Diocesan/Deanery offices as applicable so they can keep you informed about news in the diocese/deanery and events, activities and services that will be occurring in the diocese/deanery and in which you may be interested.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
◦ Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services and process your gift aid donations and keep you informed about church, deanery and diocesan events.
◦ Processing is necessary for carrying out obligations under employment, social security or social protection law, or a collective agreement;
◦ Processing is carried out by the PCC:-
◦ The process relates only to members or former members of Squirrels Heath All Saints (or those who have regular contact with its connection with those purposes); and
◦ There is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of the church in order to carry out a service to other church members or for purposes connected with the church. We will only share data when necessary with third parties outside of the parish with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep data in accordance with the guidance set out in the guide “Keep or Bin: Care of Your Parish Records” which is available from the Church of England website [see footnote for link].
Specifically, we retain electoral roll data while it is still current; gift aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate; and parish registers (baptisms, marriages and funerals) permanently.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:-
◦ The right to request a copy of your personal data which the PCC of Squirrels Heath All Saints (Ardleigh Green) holds about you;
◦ The right to request that the PCC of Squirrels Heath All Saints (Ardleigh Green) corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
◦ The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for the PCC of Squirrels Heath All Saints (Ardleigh Green) to retain such data;
◦ The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
◦ The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit the data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable).
◦ The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
◦ The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable).
◦ The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners office
8. Sensitive Data
◦ There is no disclosure to a third party without consent,
9. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by the Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to new processing.
10. Contact details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please in the first instance contact the PCC Secretary at Squirrels Heath All Saints (Ardleigh Green) or email email@example.com
Details about retention periods can currently be found in the Record Management Guides (see Keep or Bin - The Care of Church Records) located on the Church of England website at: https://www.churchofengland.org/about-us/structure/churchcommissioners/administration/librariesandarchives/recordsmanagementguides.aspx
Rev. Chris Wragg
01708 446571 / 07714507147
Squirrels Heath, All Saints (Ardleigh Green)
Ardleigh Green Rd, Hornchurch Essex. UK RM11 2LU
Our Sunday services are a mix of Family Communion, Parish Communion, Family Parade and an informal Cafe Service. All held at 10.30am. We have separate Children's Groups during most Services. Enjoy a tea or coffee and a chat after the services.
Every Sunday @ 8:30am Holy Communion (Informal said service with sermon)